Quarantine Chronicles: Greater Lafayette Stories of Hope, Challenge & Resilience
What is your Covid story?
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation, in partnership with Visiting Artist Melissa Fraterrigo and the Lafayette Writers Studio, invite members of the community to share their stories related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hope is that we can reconnect as a community and use our stories to bring us together and thrive.
Submissions will be gathered for an online exhibition opening in January 2021, and may also be featured during the Time Apart exhibition at the Tippecanoe Arts Federation and other venues around the Greater Lafayette Area. Submissions to this project will also be archived by the Tippecanoe County Historical Association.
Quarantine Chronicles Writing Workshop
Tuesday, December 1 at 7 pm
Register Here for the Zoom Link
Join Visiting Artist Melissa Fraterrigo for a brief overview of the Quarantine Chronicles project and hear several examples of pandemic stories pull from the archives of the Tippecanoe County Historical Association. This online workshop will be recorded. To register click here.
How to Participate:
Feel free to write about anything. It might be easiest to write this as a letter. Imagine you are writing to one of your good friends. Start your letter “Dear Friend.”
Here are some other potential prompts to get you started:
- How has your health or the health of a loved one has been impacted by coronavirus?
- What about your life is different because of Covid-19?
- What about your life is better since Covid-19?
- How have you, your family or friends been affected by social distancing?
- Is there something you didn’t appreciate before the pandemic that you cherish now?
- How has someone helped you through this time?
- How have you helped someone through this pandemic?