The Visiting Artist Program (VAP) enhances accessibility to arts education by pairing artists or arts organizations with underserved communities located in the counties of Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Newton, Montgomery, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren, and White. VAP provides engaging instruction for students in grades K-12.The focus of the program is providing arts experiences to students in rural and underserved areas.
The goals of the program are:
- To increase access to quality arts instruction for youth in grades K-12.
- To develop relationships between artists, young people, and communities in the region.
- To elevate the relevancy of art-making in its diverse forms.
Artists and organizations work with host sites to present a workshop or series of classes. In addition to providing funding for VAP programs, the Tippecanoe Arts Federation acts as a facilitator by pairing artists and host sites, helping craft customized programming, and aiding in program outreach.
PROGRAM DESIGN PROCESS
Teaching artists work in partnership with host sites to develop and deliver a series of workshops or classes that teach creative skills. Successful projects funded by the Visiting Artist Program are:
- Designed to develop students’ technical skills and creative capacities including imagination, critical thinking, and self-esteem;
- Created through collaboration between teaching artists, the host site, and the surrounding community; and
- Supportive of learners with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Host-site applicants must be located in Region 4 and either a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization or school corporation. Workshop sites must be open and accessible to the public.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS!
This program is made possible by community support from the Arconic Foundation.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact the Tippecanoe Arts Federation’s Chief Operating Officer at (765) 423-2787 or email@example.com.