The Tippecanoe Arts Federation has three galleries housed within the beautiful Historic Wells Community Cultural Center and 638 North Street, Lafayette, IN 47901. Conveniently located downtown and easily accessible from all directions of the community, the facility offers its own parking lot, a rare commodity in Downtown Lafayette.
The purpose of TAF Exhibitions is to provide opportunities for local and regional artists from Tippecanoe, Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Newton, Montgomery, Pulaski, Tipton, Warren, and White Counties in Indiana to display their original artwork; showcasing a broad range of talents.
Each TAF Gallery Exhibition season is scheduled one full year in advance.
Check out the Exhibition Calendar for a list of upcoming events!
Three gallery spaces are available for visual arts exhibitions:
1100 sq. ft. (25’ X 44’)
700 sq. ft. (25’ x 28’)
425 sq. ft. (25’ x 17’)
The TAF Exhibition Selection Panel
The TAF Exhibition Selection Panel will judge all applications and select exhibitions for 2018. The Panel is comprised of up to 5 persons chosen for their critical knowledge of the arts and TAF’s service region.
- In the judging process, in the event that two or more applications are ranked similarly, then selection will be based on the following:
- TAF Member Organization(s)
- Artist applying for one show (rather than an artist applying for a 2nd or 3rd show in the same year)
- New Artist(s)
- Diversity of work
- Compliance with TAF procedures
- To apply, fill out THIS Google Form with contact information and proposed exhibition details.
- After submitting the Google Form, please send 5 images to email@example.com. Images must be in .jpg format and at least 300 dpi.
- Applications will be reviewed in an anonymous jury process. Jurors will include artists, teachers, and arts professionals in Region 4.
- Artists will be notified of their status by January 5, 2017.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- All subject matter should be appropriate for a public, multi-use venue.
- All artwork is to be original in content and/or presentation.
- Gallery spaces are open for 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional artwork. Size is limited by entrance doors (4’11 wide x 6’10” high-North Street entrance) and wall space (7′ high).
- Artwork must not have been shown in any of TAF’s galleries in the 12 months prior to a show, including individual, group, or arts organization exhibitions.
- If accepted, all exhibiting artists are responsible for gallery rental fees, installation and de-installation, and opening reception duties.
- Remember: All applications are due by Monday, November 28, 2016 at 4:30 P.M. EST!
Artists or Arts groups announcing their show must include the IAC and TAF logos on their Announcement Cards.
The Gallery Exhibits Program is made possible with funding from: