Call for Exhibitions – 2020 Gallery Season
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation provides opportunities for regional artists to display their work at the Wells Community Cultural Center in downtown Lafayette. Originally built as a memorial library in 1926, the Wells Community Cultural Center features three galleries that showcase a broad range of talents and media.
October 4 – December 4, 2018: Applications Accepted
December 4, 2018: Submission Deadline (4:00 p.m. EST)
January 14 – 25, 2019: Final Round Artist Interviews
February 1, 2019: Artist Notification
March 31, 2019: Deadline for Artists to Submit Contracts
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation is now accepting proposals for solo and group exhibitions for its 2020 Exhibition Series at the Wells Community Cultural Center. All artists ages 18 and older, art groups, arts organizations, and schools living in or from Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Newton, Montgomery, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren, and White counties are eligible to apply. The deadline to submit application materials is 4:00 p.m. (EST) on December 4, 2018.
The 2020 Exhibitions at the Wells Community Cultural Center will be selected through a juried process. The building which acts as a hub for the arts in Greater Lafayette also serves as venue for regional, contemporary art embedded in a multidisciplinary, accessible, and community-driven space. For more information about this call for artists, click here.
Emerging artists who have not previously shown at TAF are encouraged to apply. Exhibitors who have previously shown at the Wells Building are also welcome to apply, but should note that submissions must contain at least 80% new work at the time of application.
To ensure high quality and variety in exhibitions, a panel of jurors will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism: All requested materials and documents are complete and thoroughly address the application questions. All portfolio examples are high quality.
- Artistic Excellence: Strength of the artworks is shown based on technique, concept of work, execution, and application of artistic abilities.
- Artistic Merit: All work is original in concept and /or presentation.
- Appropriateness: The exhibition is suitable for a multi-use space and a broad community audience.
- Alignment with TAF’s Mission: Because the Tippecanoe Arts Federation strives to serve artists of all skills and abilities, special considerations may be taken to increase the diversity in the artwork shown at TAF. For example, an exhibition may be given to emerging artists as a means to help teach and develop their career.
- Read the 2020 Call for Exhibitions Document.
- Submit an Artist Information Form (link in 2020 Call for Exhibitions mentioned above).
- Upload the following materials to the Gallery Submissions page no later 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 7, 2018:
- Statement of Intent
In at least 500 words, please describe your proposed exhibition and any relevant details about your previous work. Please title as “YOUR NAME_Statement” and upload this document as a PDF.
- Artist Resume
Please title as “YOUR NAME_Resume” and upload as a PDF.
- Work Samples & Image Information
Submit 8–10 digital images representative of the quality of work that will be displayed in your proposed exhibition. Images should be titled with “YOUR NAME_Image #” must be at least 72 dpi and should be uploaded to the Gallery Submissions page, https://www.dropbox.com/request/XaMUeo652qtvVj3QL6Dw. Accompanying your image files should be a document outlining the filename, title, media, and year created for each image of your artwork. Please title as “YOUR NAME_Image Information” and upload as a PDF.
No physical media will be accepted. Please upload the above materials to https://www.dropbox.com/request/XaMUeo652qtvVj3QL6Dw.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact Ann Fields Monical, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com or (765) 423-2787